Sunday, June 17, 2012

Pregnancy and birth of Josiah

The pregnancy was a little complicated at the beginning because I had a subchorionic hemorrhage, which is where your placenta does not correctly attach and hemorrhages into the uterus. In early pregnancy the SH puts you at high risk for miscarriage. At 10 weeks I began bleeding heavy, went to the ER, Taylor and I sat and cried and prayed over our sweet baby that was already such a blessing as we thought we were miscarrying. Praise Jesus our baby was healthy, and the blood was from the hemorrhage and it was GONE!! woohoo!! We were excited by this news! I was no longer on restriction. Most of the remaining pregnancy went well!! We found out in Decemeber 2009 we were expecting a sweet healthy baby boy!! We were so overjoyed! 



At 30 weeks we had our 3rd trimester ultrasound and were told Josiah was a week behind in growth and amniotic fluid was low. At 33 weeks Josiah was 3 weeks behind in growth and measuring in the less than 10th percentile and my amniotic fluid was still low. I was placed on strict bedrest until I was induced at 38 weeks. For the duration of my pregnancy I received many ultrasounds of our little guy, which was amazing to see him grow and be able to see first hand God knitting him together.


Psalms 139:13-14 For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well.


I was induced on Monday morning at 11 AM on April 19, 2010 and Josiah made his arrival at 1:55 PM on April 20, 2010. He was beautiful and perfect weighing in at 6lbs 3oz and he measured 19 in long!! Sadly, my delivery was challenging and I hemorrhaged. I began delivery with 1300cc of blood and lost over 800 cc of blood. Most women lose about 200 during vaginal delivery and 500 during c-section. Sadly, the doctor and nurses were not prepared for my hemorrhage and were scrambling to find medications to make it stop and began pumping me full of IV fluid because they were not prepared with blood. There was much pain involved during the process of them trying to stop the hemorrhage and I was in and out of consciousnesses. After receiving 3 out of the 4 medications they can give you to stop bleeding the doctor was able to get my hemorrhage under control.

I was unable to hold my son until 2-3 hours after he was born, but once I saw his sweet face for the first time I was completely in love with this sweet blessing from the Lord!
Psalms 127:3 Behold, children are a heritage from the Lordthe fruit of the womb a reward.

I am so beyond thankful and blessed to be able to be here to raise our sweet boy!! Thank you Jesus! <3




No comments:

Post a Comment