Friday, June 22, 2012

Oh so thankful



I am a little over a week into full bedrest, and some days have been challenging as others have been pleasant! I am so truly blessed that my Redemption Hill Church family have such serving and loving hearts. They stepped up to help without us having to ask for help. Right now, Taylor leaves for work at 7 am and I have someone that comes to help with Josiah and help me with whatever I need from 7am-12pm, and then another person comes to help in the afternoon from 12pm-5pm. (Taylor gets home from work at 5pm) Somedays I have the same person here all day. It has been nothing less than amazing and a blessing to see the hearts of the women in my church who are so willing to serve my family any way necessary during this time.

Although, having people here doing everything for me comes with its challenges! Some days Josiah has tested the person who is here caring for him. He has given some of the people a hard time when trying to take him to the bathroom, and he has been waking up extra early (4am) I think because having different people here all the time is so different for him. Even with these small difficulties he has done better than I expected adjusting to different people caring for his needs! He is eating up all the attention he is receiving! :) I am so thankful for the grace that the Lord has shown us in this area, especially because I had so much anxiety about it.  I had much anxiety about it especially in the first few days and I was reminded of these verses: 



Matthew 6:34 “Therefore do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.

1 Peter 5: 6-7 Humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all your anxieties on him, because he cares for you.

Each day of bed rest is becoming easier because the Lord is humbling me more and more so I am having to allow people to cook and prepare my meals for me, which was one of the biggest struggles for me as well as care for Josiah's needs. My default was to just have everyone make me a bowl of cereal because I didn't want to burden them with having them heat and/or cook anything for me. Although as each day passes I am being more humbled, therefore becoming more able to ask people to heat my meals or make me a sandwich,etc. All the women who have served thus far have done an AMAZING job with Josiah and have joyfully prepared my meals and brought me anything I needed. It is such a beautiful display of Jesus and His love as He was and is The Servant King.

As far as preterm labor symptoms have been going... I was doing well for about a week and then on Wednesday night I had a hard time sleeping because my back and body hurt so much from laying/sitting all day so I did not fall asleep until midnight. For those who know me know 12am is LATE because I am usually in bed by 8pm. I didn't think to set my alarm because I normally wake up around 3:30AM to take my meds since my body has become used to waking up at that time.  Sadly, since I didn't go to bed until midnight I never woke up, and so I didn't take my pill. As a result I woke up Thursday morning around 6:30 AM feeling horrible and had consistent contractions. I also did not feel well stomach wise and didn't eat much all day, but I don't know if that was due to a lack of sleep or something else. Now I know I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT miss a dose of my procardia, especially since I woke up with contractions even though I had been sleeping all night and was not active.

I am so excited to meet sweet Jude! Only 4 more weeks and 2 days until the Doctor will allow him to make his appearance!!! God truly is so good! <3
Here is a photo that my wonderful friend and sister in Christ took during our maternity photo shoot that we had with her. I absolutely love this photo. Thank you April Harnish!!

1 comment:

  1. Prayin' you in girl! His grace is sufficient...we know this. It's living it out that is difficult sometimes. Allow those dear women to minister to you...for this is what God has called THEM to do too! ; )

    ReplyDelete